3 Ways Clearwater Dental Associates Stands Out
When you walk into the dentist’s office, how do you normally feel? Maybe apprehensive, even fearful? Lumpy reclining chairs. A cold, clinical room. Blinding lights. And a hygienist and doctor who may show little concern for your comfort. Is it any wonder so many people feel the need to brace themselves before every appointment — if they don’t avoid visiting the dentist altogether?
At Clearwater Dental Associates, we want our clients to come away with a completely different sort of dental experience. Patient comfort is certainly one important part of this mission, but it goes beyond that into every aspect of our practice. If you live in the Clearwater, FL area and want a dentist who strives to make your visits as stress free and convenient as possible, call us at (727) 373-6628.
All Your Dental Needs Under One Roof
No more schlepping around town for your and your family’s various dental procedures. We happily treat patients of all ages, from young children on up. And we offer a huge range of services that are done right in our spacious, comfortable office. These include:
- Regular examinations and checkups
- FIllings, inlays and onlays, and crowns for decayed or damaged teeth
- Gum disease treatments
- Orthodontics to fix crooked, misaligned, or crowded teeth
- Implants, dentures, and bridges to replace missing teeth
- Veneers, bonding, whitening systems, and other methods for freshening your smile
- Sleep Apnea Solutions
- Same-day visits for dental emergencies
But not only can you get all of these treatments in one convenient location, you can get them done by the best. We have a team of four experienced and highly competent dentists to take care of your regular checkups and general dental needs. But we also have an on-site oral surgeon, orthodontist, endodontist, and periodontist to handle specialized procedures.
Because we are all in the same office, we are able to communicate more effectively and have a better picture of your comprehensive oral health. At Clearwater Dental Associates, it’s all covered — and covered well.
Your Comfort Matters to Us
We understand that a stint in the dentist’s chair isn’t most people’s idea of a good time. You’d rather spend the day on the beach. Or take in a good movie. Maybe even go into work. That doesn’t mean, however, that we can’t make your visit as pleasant and even relaxing as possible. Here are a few of the amenities we offer at Clearwater Dental Associates to make your visit fly by. And then you can hit the beach.
- Feel a bit chilly in the exam room? No problem! We have blankets available to keep you warm and cozy.
- If you aren’t feeling quite comfortable in the chair, a neck pillow can help set things right.
- Our chairs even have a massaging feature. That’s right — you can get your muscles worked on while we fix your teeth!
- Everyone on our staff has a “patient first” mentality. We understand the realities of dental anxiety and strive to put people at ease.
- We do offer a variety of sedation options — nitrous, oral, and general — that may be appropriate for your procedure. Your dentist will be happy to discuss them with you.
We Care about Your Overall Health
While many of the specifics and mechanisms are not yet known, there is lots of evidence to suggest a strong connection between the health of your mouth and the health of your body as a whole.
- The dangers of gum disease go far beyond losing one’s teeth. Research has shown that left untreated, it can make you more susceptible to diabetes, heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, cancer, and preterm labor. So it’s vitally important to practice good oral hygiene at home to prevent periodontal disease. And be sure to visit us regularly for examinations, as patients often don’t have symptoms in the early stages.
- We can test your saliva for HPV — a virus associated with oral cancer — and other harmful pathogens.
- Your diet can not only affect the state your teeth directly, but can keep your immune system humming along in tip-top shape. This is important for good oral health and good overall health.
This mouth-body connection is at the core of our philosophy at Clearwater Dental Associates. We approach every one of our treatments with the knowledge that the two are inextricably related. And we aim to educate out patients about the importance of taking care of their teeth and gums — for the sake of their entire body.