A Brand-New Smile in a Day
If you’ve suffered significant tooth loss, you have many tooth replacement options available to you.
There are always dentures — and today’s denture options are far superior to their predecessors. But dentures still have a number of drawbacks, due to the fact that they are not completely secure in the mouth.
There are dental implants, which, as you may be aware, are the tooth replacement that feel, look, and function the most like real teeth. But the typical dental implant process is long, requiring multiple visits to the dentist over several months. And if you have many teeth missing, let alone a full arch, replacing each one with an individual dental implant would be complicated and costly.
What if you could replace a full arch of teeth using just a few strategically placed dental implants, and have the entire process completed in just one procedure? So no waiting around for the implant to heal, no multiple appointments over several months. You walk into our office without teeth, and walk out with a full set. Just like that.
Well, guess what? You can do just that. The Teeth in a Day technique utilizes the security of dental implants to attach an arch of temporary but fully functional replacement teeth to the upper or lower jaw.
You get to try out the feel of your new teeth while your permanent ones are being made (these also attach with just the four dental implants). And you won’t have to go another day with holes in your smile.
To book an appointment with Clearwater Dental Associates, call our Clearwater, FL office at 727-373-6628.
The Teeth in a Day Process
Once we’ve determined you’re a good candidate for Teeth in a Day, we will take detailed images of your mouth and jawbone to create a roadmap for your treatment. We will need to examine the bone and figure out where to place the four dental implants so that they are stable. Each dental implant will need to support several replacement teeth.
Once we’ve created your personalized treatment plan, we will surgically place the four dental implants into your jawbone. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made out of titanium. It is inserted right into the bone where your real tooth root used to live.
In a traditional dental implant procedure, you have to wait weeks or months for the implant to heal before attaching the abutment (a sort of connector post) and replacement tooth, which is typically a crown.
With Teeth in a Day, however, we will securely attach a set of beautiful and lifelike replacement teeth the very same day. Once you’ve fully healed from this initial surgery, you will come see us again. We will remove the Teeth in a Day and replace them with an even more stunning set of permanent artificial teeth.
What Are the Advantages of Teeth in a Day?
The Teeth in a Day technique enables you to receive a full arch of teeth secured by only four dental implants. And you don’t have to wait months for your implants to heal. You walk out from your dental implant surgery with a gorgeous set of teeth ready to flaunt.
Teeth in a Day — and dental-implant-secured teeth overall — hold a number of advantages over dentures.
- Teeth in a Day are secured in your mouth, removable only by your dentist. You don’t have to remove them for cleaning and you brush and floss them like normal.
- Since dental implants are inserted into the jawbone and actually fuse with it, your biting force goes into the bone. This keeps it strong, healthy, and prevents deterioration. With dentures, the biting force goes into the gum, and bone loss may result.
- Since Teeth in a Day do not rest on the gums, they are more comfortable and natural feeling than dentures.
- Teeth in a Day are secure in the mouth. There is no risk of them slipping, sliding, or falling out. And you don’t have to deal with messy adhesives.
- With dentures, it can be difficult to learn to speak clearly. Since Teeth in a Day function like real teeth, you will be able to talk normally.
- With Teeth in a Day, you can eat what you want. You don’t have the diet restrictions that people with dentures do.